Happy Birthday America! We had a wonderful day celebrating this great country with our annual 4th of July celebration, Stars & Stripes. This is my favorite day of Session B! We spent all day outside enjoying the beautiful weather, lots of fun games, eat amazing food and dancing the night away!
Here is the breakdown of our Stars & Stripes celebration today:
- Reflect at the Rock- Bryan read a poem entitiled “I am the American Flag.” It was a powerful message about the symbol of the freedom we have in this great country. God bless the USA!
- Breakfast was pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs and fruit bar.
- Assembly - Cabins were assigned to teams,stars or stripes, for the day’s competition
- Freedom 5K - 3 laps on around Old Forge Mountain earns you a 5K tshirt
- Team Competitions - Senior Camp played bombardment, Intermediate girls played Newk-Em, Intermediate boys played tennis baseball and junior camp played four corners and flag em.
- Lunch was pizza, sliced watermelon and salad bar.
- Rest Hour
- Snack - Firecracker popsicles to start the afternoon events! Yum!
- Division Games - Each division (junior, intermediate and senior) rotated through three activity areas for competition, games and lot of fun. They played pool volleyball, went to the lake for blob wars and wet willy play and enjoyed two inflatable waterslides on the field and relaxing in the sun with friends.
- Dinner was Highlander’s famous pulled pork bbq, baked beans, Mrs. Kaye’s mac & cheese and salad bar. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert!
- EP tonight was a Patriotic Scavenger Hunt, a Lady Liberty Dance Party! The rain started around 8:45, so we had to postpone our fireworks show!