Here are the staff positions available for prospective counselors at Camp Highlander.
At Camp Highlander we are family! The foundation of our family culture is our cabin unit, 10 campers and 2 Cabin Counselors who lead them through the day to day life at Highlander. Our Cabin Counselors are good people with good hearts, who love kids and want to impact them in a positive way. They enjoy being there for our campers whenever they need them, making the personal sacrifice the job requires and having fun by being silly and crazy.
We are looking for selfless, understanding and energetic individuals who will be a role model for each camper in their cabin. We seek staff who can provide unconditional love to our campers and model acceptance of diversity to the campers in the cabin.
- Senior Counselors: 18 years or older, having completed their Freshman Year of college.
- Junior Counselors: 17 years or older and having completed the Highlander CIT Program.
Our Activity Counselors are uniquely trained, certified or educated staff members in a particular activity area or discipline who have a passion for teaching and working with children. They enjoy sharing with our campers their knowledge and skills, while teaching and watching them grow in their skill development.
- We are are looking for kind, compassionate and patient teachers who will take the time with each child who needs them. Our Activity Counselors must show the unconditional love and acceptance to our campers, while allowing them to discover more about who they are through the programs at camp.
- Must be 18 years or older and completed freshman year in college.
- Riding Staff
- Arts & Crafts
- Blue Ridge Life & Times Newspaper
- Wilderness Education
- Ropes Course/Zipline
- Land Sports
- Team Sports
- Mountain Biking
The Camp Highlander kitchen is a fun place to work. There is always something great cookin’ in the kitchen, we have an amazing team.
Camp Nurses are the key to our campers having a safe, healthy and happy summer at Camp Highlander.
We have wonderful Camp Moms that volunteer their services to help us with office needs, cabin inspection, snacks, library and other tasks that arise in a typical day at camp.